- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 ½ tbsp. very finely ground chia seed
- 2 tbsp. organic psyllium husk powder
- 1 ¼ cup filtered water
- 2 tsp. Maple Syrup (This is consumed by the yeast, which lowers the glycemic index)
- 1 egg
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut
flour and sea salt.
2. Heat water to 105-110 °F. Add 2 tsp of Maple Syrup and stir. Add the yeast
and let stand for 10 minutes. The yeast should bubble or foam – if it doesn’t
3. Stir the finely ground chia and psyllium powder into the yeast mixture. Let
stand 1 minute to thicken, then whisk.
4. Pour thickened yeast-chia mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a
wooden spoon until thick and fully combined. The dough will be slightly
sticky, but workable. Knead for 1 minute.
5. Put kneaded dough back into the bowl, cover with a damp cloth and place in
a warm spot to rise for one hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Place a pizza stone (or cooking sheet) in oven to
7. Divide dough into two balls. Place dough balls on a square of parchment
paper or a cutting board. Dip your hands in water and shaped into nice
rounded shapes. Brush with egg wash, if desired. Use a serrated knife to cut a
tic-tac-toe pattern on the top.
8. Slide the prepared dough onto the preheated stone or cooking sheet. Bake
35-40 minutes. PLEASE NOTE – baking time can vary – the measure of
doneness is an internal temperature of 205-210 °F.
9. Let cool completely on a wire rack. (Not allowing the loaf to fully cool before
cutting may result in a gummy interior.) When completely cool, slice and
serve or store in an airtight container. To re-crisp crust, toast or reheat in a
375 °F oven for 5-10 minutes.