- 2 true cod fillets (6 oz) – no skin (take the skin off – too much fat)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make it
- Heat oil over a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, cook and stir until translucent, about 1 minute.
- Add cod fillets to skillet in a single layer; cook 3-4 minutes per side until opaque in the middle.
- Squeeze the ½ lemon over fillets and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.