1. Enjoy, always enjoy! No regrets if you ate something you were “not supposed” to eat.
2. You can eat anything. It just comes down to when and how much.
3. Don’t exclude any macronutrients, please eat proteins, carbs and lipids (the weekly menu that I provide you includes the right balance of those ingredients for you).
4. Eat every 3-3.5 hours: Breakfast, snack1, lunch, snack2, dinner, snack3. Eat your breakfast within an hour after waking up, next meal in 3 hours and so on. You can skip a snack, but try not to skip breakfast, lunch or dinner.
5. Drink plenty of water (2-2.5 quarts/day). Always carry a bottle of water with you and sip on. It’s easier to drink room temperature water.
6. Include protein in every meal (eggs, tofu, dairy, tempeh, natto, legumes)
7. For the first three meals of a day (breakfast, snack1, lunch), eat proteins, carbs and lipids.
You can eat most of the grains, but try to avoid white rice, couscous and polenta. Proteins (eggs, yogurt, fish). Nuts, fruits and veggies are great.
8. For the next three meals of a day include proteins and veggies.
9. Reduce amount of alcohol. Stick to red wine, try to avoid beer. A glass of wine once a week is fine, try avoiding more than that at least for the duration of the program. If you need more, you might want to dilute it with water a bit to “minimize the damage” 🙂
10. Your meals should be enjoyable – and that’s why I’m here: to help you with the right recommendations.