- 2 cups flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 large eggs or vegan alternative ( 5 tablespoons finely ground flaxseed with 15 tablespoons of warm water. Let it sit for 5 minutes until it’s gooey. Alternatively, you can use 10 teaspoons of finely ground chia seed and 15 tablespoons warm water.)
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (if making savory) or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat on waffel maker medium, or your desired setting for crisp waffles.
- Combine flax seed with baking powder and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- Add eggs or vegan alternative, water and oil . Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture.
- Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated. The mixture will be very fluffy. Once incorporated, allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Add in your fresh herbs or stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Divide mixture into 4 servings. Scoop each; one at a time, onto the preheated waffle maker and close the top. Cook until it beeps and repeat with remaining batter.
- Eat immediately or freeze in an air-tight container for a couple of weeks. Can be frozen and then toasted for a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner.