Serves 4 as an entree, 6 as a side
- 3/4 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 acorn or kabocha squash
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped
- 1 ts olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off the squash. Cut the acorn squash in half lengthwise and, using a spoon, scoop out the seeds. Cut each piece in half again lengthwise. Then slice each quarter lengthwise, creating 1/2 inch slices. Place squash slices into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Spread across the pan and arrange so each piece sits flat. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley, and scallions. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once the acorn squash is finished, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together the cooked quinoa, pomegranate seeds, raisins, and dressing in a big serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top with roasted squash pieces and enjoy!