- 1 bunch of pencil thin asparagus, washed and tough ends trimmed
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 15 cherry or grap tomatoes, sliced in half, or 1 large tomato, chopped into large dice
- 1 fresh rainbow trout fillet, approximately 300g
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- A few sprigs of fresh herbs, such as thyme or oregano, or dry if fresh isn’t available
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Start by washing and trimming the tough ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with about ½ tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash and slice the tomatoes and zucchini, place in a bowl and toss with ½ tsp of olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Zest enough of a lemon to get about ½ tsp. of zest.
- Take the trout fillet and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle with 1 tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle fish with salt, pepper, lemon zest, and dry herbs (if using dry instead of fresh), gently rub the seasonings on the flesh of the fish.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, stir the asparagus and push them to the sides, place the fish in the middle and the tomatoes and zucchini around the fish. Top the fish with the lemon slices.
- Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.