For the Meatballs
- 8 oz. pkg Tempeh
- 2 Tbsp. Flax meal+3 Tbsp. Water
- 1/2 Cup of wheat bran
- 1/4 C. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. All spice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Oil for browning the meatball
- Make the meatballs first, mix the flax and 3 Tbsp. of water together. Now add all the meatball ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture starts to come together and is smooth. The mixture should easily form balls if pressed together. If it doesn’t press together and hold, add a tablespoon more water and process until it comes together.
- Now shape balls out of the tempeh mixture. Grab about a tablespoon or so of the mixture, press together and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the mixture has been rolled.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high. Brown all the meatballs on each side. It will take a minute or two on each side. Reduce heat as needed. Once the meatballs are brown, remove from pan.