- Oil spray
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or turkey
- 2 (15-oz) cans black beans
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8-1/4 tsp cayenne (depending on your spice preference)
- 1 cup low-sodium broth
- 2 orange bell peppers, sliced(optional)
- Heat a large pot to medium high and lightly mist with oil.
- Add onion and sauté until it starts to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add meat and cook until browned and heated through.
- Add can of beans to the pot.
- Add spices, and broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover with lid. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer for 1 hour.
- Place sliced peppers on a foil-lined sheet pan and broil on low for 5-10 minutes or until softened and lightly charred.
- You can also use Instant pot instead.( Sautee onions and beef or turkey,add beans.Press manual for 15 min)