This homemade orange chicken recipe comes together in just 20 minutes, and is a crazy delicious! (And healthier than the restaurant version!)
Total Time: 20 Mins
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
ORANGE CHICKEN INGREDIENTS:
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- orange chicken sauce (ingredients below)
- toppings: thinly-sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, orange zest
ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Tbs of honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- zest of one orange
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- TO MAKE THE ORANGE CHICKEN:
Season chicken generously with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute for about 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned and nearly cooked through.
Pour in the orange chicken sauce, and stir to combine. Let the sauce come to a boil, then boil for an additional minute or two until thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately over quinoa or rice. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and additional orange zest.
- TO MAKE THE ORANGE CHICKEN SAUCE:
Whisk all ingredients together until combined.