- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh cod fillets
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic, and saute 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in oregano, fennel, and crushed red pepper, cooking another 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Pour in white wine, increase heat to medium-high, and simmer until reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes and olives, and simmer about 5 minutes. Taste sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cod filets evenly in the skillet, using a spoon to scoop a little bit of the sauce over the top. Cover, and simmer until fish is tender and flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes. Serve cod fillets topped with sauce.