- Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 12 cups chopped romaine leaves
- Add avocado, lemon juice, water, garlic, capers, mustard salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor or blender. Blend until smooth. If it needs some thinning out (depending on the size of your avocado) you can add a touch more water. The end result will be the consistency of pudding. Keep it this way to maintain ultra creaminess.
- Spoon dressing into a bowl and stir in hemp seeds for that ‘Parmesan’ feel.
- Place romaine in a large salad bowl, drop dressing on top and rotate leaves until fully coated.
- Serve immediately!